I live in the largest population mountain town in the world that is completely supplied by air! This makes everything expensive, or non-existent. Date nights for us don’t happen very often, and when they do… there’s really nowhere to go! Whether you live in a place with nothing around you, or you can’t find a babysitter, it’s always good to have a few ideas in your back pocket! So Let’s get creative. Here are a few ideas. What are yours?!
After the kids are in bed for the night (or the big kids are sequestered to their rooms with plenty of snacks, a drink, and a few well-meaning threats), what do you do? This is not the time to collapse on the couch and veg out!! Grab your spouse and choose one below, or get creative and come up with your own ideas!
At Home Date Night Ideas
- Eat something special together that you don’t get often in front of a fire, or a movie. Or just enjoy the time talking or switch off giving a massage.
- Preparing ingredients ahead of time, cook something new together and take time eating it together. Dress nicer than usual and light candles!
- Bubble Bath, candles, music… enough said.
- Poker Night! Place fun bets and get creative with winning incentives. *wink*
- Indoor picnic (or outdoor nighttime picnic watching the stars if weather is good). Make picnic foods ahead of time, and enjoy them on a quilt on the floor. Spend time reminiscing and talking.
- Popcorn and a board game that you enjoy.
- Massage parlor time!
- Spend time reading a book together, either a fun read-aloud or something for couples, and discuss it. Hot chocolate or coffee would go great with this!
- Dim lights, light candles, turn on your favorite music and have your own dance!
- Movie night! Dim the lights, make the popcorn and cuddle on the couch
Still Need At Home Date Ideas or Present Ideas for Hubby?
A good friend of mine gave a great set of Husband Appreciation Month Coupons to her husband this year and has agreed to share them with my VIP readers! How do you become a VIP, you ask? Just fill in your name and email address below. I will send great extras, like giveaways, freebies, and extra interesting tidbits straight to your inbox!
Get Your Husband Appreciation Month Coupons below!